Monday, May 4, 2020

Writer's Tribe - with Bryan Miller


As an author, I'm astonished at how the solitary craft of writing ultimately leads to invaluable relationships. We live in our imaginary worlds, clacking away on our keyboards as we carefully cobble out our stories. Some of us talk to ourselves (okay, maybe that's just me). Yet the cast of any successful book takes far more than just the writer and the characters.  I am forever thankful to the professionals I partner with, and the friends and colleagues I've made over the years. In a new series here on my blog, I've decided that sharing their stories, processes, and services is a wonderful way to share my appreciation for each of them. To that end, I would like to introduce the first interview in my Writer's Tribe series.

Bryan Miller and I have been colleagues and friends for over seven years. He is the editor behind Simple and Real, and is an accomplished author himself. He's also a very talented artist and software developer. I consider him one of the strongest warriors in my Writer's Tribe. He was also kind enough to be my first guest in this series.

Please meet Bryan Miller.



Q:How long have you offered editorial services?

A: Since 2013

Q: What is the best advice you would give to an aspiring author?

A: Write about either what you know, or what stimulates your imagination.

Q: What is your process for reviewing the work of a writer?

A: I usually do line editing with comments in the Word margin. For higher rates I also rewrite and ghostwrite. I tend to work at 2500-5000 words daily and charge a premium for faster turnaround.

Q: Why is it important to have someone review your work?

A: We are blind to our own misspellings and omissions. Also, a second reader can often catch vagaries, conflicting facts, etc, and can say ‘this passage isn’t clear’.

Q: How can a writer connect with you?

A: Reach me directly at kyrathasoft@gmail.com



Thank you for joining me in this series, Bryan. Ali (inside joke), will always bust through ceilings to work with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment